Source: European Commission
Economic sentiment was broadly stable across Europe even as employment expectations soared to two-year highs, driven by improving consumer confidence. IEV is up 0.25% premarket.
- The Economic Sentiment Indicator was unchanged in the European Union at 116.6, and slightly higher in the Euro area at 117.8, up 0.2 points.
- The slight improvement came from improved confidence in construction and consumers, offset by dampened confidence in service and retail trade.
- Industry confidence was unchanged at its second-highest level, while consumer confidence picked up 1.1 points, and construction confidence gained 1.8 points.
- Services confidence declined 1.4 points due to lowered assessments of managers, while retail trade confidence fell 2.8 points due to lower assessments of past business activity.
- The biggest ESI growths were recorded in Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, and Poland. Declines were seen in France and Italy.
- Employment expectations increased in the EU by 1.0 points to 113.6 and in the Euro area by 0.8 points to 113.6, marking the highest level in both areas since 2018.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots