Source: European Commission
Economic sentiment in both the Eurozone and the European Union hit historic highs in October, driven mainly by growth in services, construction, and retail. EZU is up 0.06% premarket.
- The Economic Sentiment Indicator in the EU climbed by 1.0 point to 117.6, the highest reading in eight months since February.
- Sentiment in the Eurozone gained 0.8 points to 118.6, the highest level in over two years since May 2018.
- The growth in the EU was attributed to higher confidence in services, construction, and retail. Confidence was unchanged in industry and fell among consumers.
- Industry confidence remained broadly unchanged at its second-highest on record, while services and retail trade posted growth.
- Consumer confidence dropped, dragged by more negative views on the past and future financial situation.
- The Employment Expectations Indicator grew on the back of hiring plans in services and in industry which recorded an all-time high.
- Selling price expectations in all surveyed industries posted steep climbs, hitting fresh record-highs.
- Consumer price expectations also jumped to reach the highest level in 29 years since November 1992.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots