China has isolated some 13 million people in Xi’an city as part of the rigorous restrictions since early 2020, as the country prepares for the hosting of the 2022 Winter Olympics. MCHI is up 0.27% premarket.
- Under the order, residents of Xi’an are required to stay at home, and only one person per household is allowed to collect supplies every other day.
- Non-essential travel outside the city has also been banned as part of the most severe restrictions since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The country recorded a total of 73 new local cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, of which 63 were recorded in Xi’an.
- China also introduced restrictions in Tianjin city earlier this month, after the detection of its first case of the Omicron variant.
- Winter Olympic Games officials said the incoming athletes would probably lead to a “high probability” of COVID-19 cases.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots