Source: US Labor Department
American jobless claims fell for the third straight week to mark the lowest level in a month. DXY is up 0.05%. Gold is down 0.20%.
- Seasonal adjusted initial claims for the week ending August 7 fell 12,000 to 375,000. This is the lowest since July 10’s 368,000.
- The previous week’s level was revised upward by 2,000 to 387,000.
- The four-week moving average increased by 1,750 to 396,250.
- The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate for the week ending July 31 stood at 2.1%. This is 0.1 percentage points lower than the previous week.
- Insured unemployment for the week stood at 2.866 million, down 114,000 from the previous week. This is the lowest since March 14, 2020’s 1.770 million.
- The biggest increases in initial claims were in Indiana, Georgia, Rhode Island, Alabama, and Illinois.
- The largest decreases were in Pennsylvania, Texas, Michigan, Tennessee, and Puerto Rico.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots