Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Average hourly earnings for American employees fell in July, marking the seventh straight month of declines.
- Real average hourly earnings for all employees decreased by 0.1% from June to July.
- The reading compares with the 0.5% decline in June and the 0.4% drop in July 2020. Earnings have declined in all the months of 2021 so far.
- Hourly earnings averaged $11.22 in July, down from $11.23 in June and $11.36 in July 2020.
- The latest figure comes as average hourly earnings increased by 0.4%, but consumer prices grew by 0.5%.
- Compared with year-ago levels, real average hourly earnings fell 1.2%.
- Hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees were unchanged from the previous month.
And here is a golden tip
Want to profit from forex news? These forex robots earned the best historical yields to investors. Check out Best Forex Robots